As the brisk winds of winter approach, it’s time to maintain your central air conditioner and give it a well-deserved rest. Before you switch your HVAC system to heating mode, a few essential steps can ensure it’s ready to face the blustery season ahead. The professional HVAC experts at The Energy Centre can help you with the process of preparing your unit for winter and provide some expert tips to keep it in top shape.
Get your central air conditioner ready for winter
Follow these key steps to ensure your central air conditioner is winter-ready:
- Final Spring Cleaning: Remove any debris, including bird droppings, to leave your unit clean and free from potential obstructions.
- Inspect for Damage: Check for leaks, cracks, or rust in pipes and casings that may have developed over the summer.
- Cover it Up: Shield your unit from the elements with a waterproof vinyl or plastic cover to prevent winter weather from causing damage.
- Regular Checks: Make weekly inspections throughout the winter to remove any accumulated debris or dirt that may have collected.
- Snow and Ice Removal: As icy weather sets in, be sure to clear away any accumulating snow, ice, and water from the cover to prevent damage.
Take advantage of yearly air conditioner preventative maintenance
Reach out to the experienced team at The Energy Centre to schedule your yearly air conditioner preventative maintenance. This proactive approach can significantly extend the lifespan and performance of your AC unit. For more detailed information, be sure to read our comprehensive Central Air Conditioner Maintenance guide.
With these simple yet crucial steps, you can ensure your central air conditioner is well-prepared to face the winter season. Whether you choose to tackle the process yourself or enlist the help of a professional, taking the time for this end-of-season maintenance will pay off in the long run. Don’t hesitate to reach out to The Energy Centre for all your HVAC needs.