The best way to protect an investment in your family’s comfort is with preventative maintenance. Each season you should take steps to prepare your air conditioner for the upcoming weather.
After surviving cold winters, your unit deserves some TLC to get it ready for the heat of summer. Start your spring preparation efforts by following these steps:
- Take a look around the unit and remove any debris that will impede airflow, such as debris and vegetation.
- Avoid turning on your central air until you remove any covers, blankets, or lids.
- Pay attention to the pipe insulation. If it is damaged, call in a professional HVAC technician.
- Look at the drain hose for potential clogs. Be sure to clean it out.
- Head inside to replace indoor filters and clean vents and grills around your home.
Remember that if you have a manufacturer’s warranty, you should hire a professional to take care of your maintenance to keep your warranty intact. Don’t take any chances by trying to DIY.
If you want a superbly functioning and efficient air conditioner, contact the team at The Energy Centre. If you want to learn more about Maintaining Your Central Air Conditioning, feel free to check out our guide!
- 24/7 emergency Service
- call us