What Air Conditioner Is Best for My House?
Air Conditioner Experts in Ottawa Compare Top Brands
When you’re ready to install an air conditioner in your Ottawa home, you want a unit that will provide problem-free performance and cool your home effectively. It’s important to invest in a unit that fits your home’s square footage and layout, your budget, and your family’s needs. While you’re considering the costs of air conditioner installation in Ottawa, don’t forget to consider ongoing maintenance costs and energy efficiency. Our experts with The Energy Centre compare the top AC brands for residential use to help you choose one that fits your needs.
A Roundup of the Best AC Brands in the Canadian Market
When it comes to air conditioning, energy efficiency is the first thing homeowners look for. Air conditioners in Ottawa are rated by how efficiently they cool compared to the energy they use. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, which is a ratio of the amount of cooling divided by the amount of electricity used. The higher the SEER, the more efficient the unit.
- Aire-Flo®: Aire-Flo® air conditioners have 50 years of experience behind them. The 14 SEER air conditioner uses non-ozone-depleting refrigerant, giving you an eco-friendly option that won’t be too bad for your utility bills. Every Aire-Flo® unit is factory-tested for durability and performance.
- Armstrong Air®: These air conditioners go up to 20 SEER, making them extremely energy-efficient for your home. The two-stage performance lets you adjust the AC based on humidity and temperatures. When the humidity is higher, you use one setting. When it’s a little cooler and less humid, you can switch the unit to the second setting, using less energy while maintaining your comfort.
- Ducane™ – Ducane™ air conditioners are made by Lennox. They’re affordable and dependable for your home. They make units from 13 to 16 SEER. Many are ENERGY STAR® certified and come with an extended warranty for added peace of mind. Ducane tests every piece of equipment for durability and performance before shipping.
- Goodman®: Goodman® air conditioners use chlorine-free refrigerant and come with high SEER ratings. The Goodman® DSXC18 comes with a lifetime limited warranty on the compressor. That’s how confident they are in their product. All their units are environmentally friendly, without compromising performance.
- Keep Rite®: Keep Rite® air conditioners are manufactured in Quebec and have been for 50 years. You’ll find different product lines giving you options for high efficiency, performance, and affordability. The ProComfort™ series is their top-of-the-line product, with two-stage compressors and high SEER ratings. The Performance series is backed by the brand but is more budget-friendly.
- Samsung® HVAC Mini Splits: Ductless mini-splits are a great option to heat and cool rooms in your home without ductwork. This can include additions or rooms that need different heating and cooling options than the rest of the home. These mini splits are energy efficient and easy to install.
Trust The Energy Centre with Your AC Needs
An air conditioner is a preferred way to keep your home comfortable during summer. Purchasing the right air conditioner for your Ottawa home gives you peace of mind that you won’t get stuck with high utility costs for running your AC. The Energy Centre offers AC installation, service, and emergency air conditioner repair in Ottawa to keep your family happy and comfortable through the hottest days of summer.
For more information on home cooling and air conditioning products and services, get in touch with your trusted local HVAC experts at The Energy Centre. Call 613-746-7000 or contact us online.
- 24/7 emergency Service
- call us