Which Furnace Suits My Needs Best?
A Comparison of Top Furnace Brands by Your HVAC Experts in Ottawa
Deciding on a new furnace installation in Ottawa is a critical decision for any homeowner. Once you finalize an option and go through with the installation, you are unlikely to replace this equipment for the next 12 to 15 years. It is important to invest in a brand that delivers value on your key priorities. The home’s layout and area, your family’s comfort and heating needs, and your budget, will be the primary drivers of this decision. In addition, you may also have to consider the cost of installation, ongoing Ottawa furnace repair expenses, Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) ratings, and warranties that come with each furnace brand.
The HVAC experts at The Energy Centre in Ottawa compare the top furnace brands for residential use to help you choose the one that best meets your needs.
A Roundup of the Best Furnace Brands in the Canadian Market
Besides keeping your home warm and toasty through the harsh, cold Ottawa winters, a good furnace should help you save on your energy bills and maintenance expenses by being reliable, consistent and efficient. Learning the nuances and benefits of the furnace brands available on the market today will help you make the right choice.
- Armstrong Air® Furnace: Available in variable speed or constant torque blower, single or multi-stage performance models, and AFUE ratings between 80% and 95%, Armstrong Air® furnaces are affordable, reliable and efficient. Their large selection of models (many of them ENERGY STAR® certified), along with innovative features, such as EHX heat exchanger technology and Quiet Combustion technology ensure comfort, durability and a match for every home.
- Aire-Flo® Furnace: A versatile brand with a wide selection of ENERGY STAR® certified heating products, Aire-Flo® gas furnaces are one of the most affordable options available on the market. Their compact 92AF1 model provides greater flexibility in limited spaces, making it an ideal fit for smaller homes.
- DucaneTM Furnace: With AFUE ratings of 92% to 95% DucaneTM furnaces offer a range of efficient, yet cost-effective heating systems that are suitable for colder climates. While their smaller opening requirement makes them an easier option for retrofitting, the minimal duct usage promises lower energy consumption and reduced energy loss.
- Goodman® Furnace: Renowned for their solid build, quality, reliability, and great warranty programs, Goodman ® furnaces offer affordable heating options for Canadian homeowners. Their products range from 92% to 98% AFUE and offer smart home compatibility, as well as excellent value for money.
- Keep Rite® Furnace: Offering top-of-the-line, high-efficiency (up to 98% AFUE rating) heating equipment with ultra-quiet performance, Keep Rite ® furnaces are known to provide lasting comfort for years to come. Their wide range of energy efficient models, backed with attractive warranties make them a trustworthy brand for Canadian homes.
Whether you are looking to upgrade an old heating unit, or adding heat to a new home, the HVAC experts at The Energy Centre can guide you on the various options available on the market and help you make a smart and cost-efficient decision. We supply and install an extensive range of leading furnaces in Ottawa from renowned global brands, and also offer installation, maintenance, and emergency after-hour repairs. Our qualified and experienced technicians can visit your home to calculate the square footage, review the insulation and ducting, recommend suitable furnaces, and provide a free quote.
For more information on heating products and services, get in touch with your trusted local HVAC experts at The Energy Centre. Call 613-746-7000 or contact us online.
- 24/7 emergency Service
- call us