Why You Should Update Your HVAC System Before You Sell
Although the real estate market has slowed down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canadian Real Estate Association is helping its members get ready for when restrictions ease. Home sellers are already opening their homes for virtual Open Houses, but many buyers are hesitant to make a purchase without seeing the home. As Ottawa businesses reopen, here’s what to expect from real estate agents and your trusted HVAC professionals in Ottawa.
Recommended Steps for Home Showings Under COVID-19
- Real estate agents are advised to limit home showings by appointment only.
- Sellers should leave all cabinets, windows coverings, and closets open before the showing.
- Remember to open the closet door to the water heater and to the HVAC system.
- Lights should be turned on.
- Following the showing, all surfaces that were touched should be wiped down with disinfecting cleaner.
- Agents should speak with clients outside or in a well-ventilated area.
- Homeowners may also choose to disinfect areas once they return.
HVAC Ottawa Service Companies Taking Precautions to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
Professional HVAC service or new installation can be an incentive to home buyers. The Energy Centre offers service, repairs, and new installation, even during COVID-19. Our technicians practice social distancing and are equipped with supplies to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including face masks, disposable gloves, foot covers, and disinfecting wipes. We may also ask you about your health before our service appointment.
Home Buyers Want Well-Maintained HVAC Systems
According to this news report, the Ottawa housing market may be slow but it hasn’t frozen.Despite a low sales inventory, there are indications of a market that is bouncing back. Homeowners who have their homes ready to sell with well-maintained appliances, such as the HVAC, will attract buyers who don’t want to deal with major repairs.
Even if you’re staying in your home, taking care of your HVAC system makes it more comfortable as you continue to work from home.
Contact the team at The Energy Centre for furnace service or repair. Schedule an appointment at 613-746-7000 or contact us online for more information about our HVAC company in Ottawa.
- 24/7 emergency Service
- call us