It’s finally time to shake off winter and get ready for the warm weather season! There is nothing better than cracking open those windows, enjoying the fresh air and doing some heavy-duty cleaning around the home in the spring.
While you may not have to rely on your HVAC system right away, now is the perfect opportunity to let it rest, inspect it and perform any maintenance tasks as necessary with help from the professionals at The Energy Centre.
Doing so will ensure that your air conditioning performs as it should throughout the summer so you can enjoy the season with comfortable indoor temperatures.
How to Get Your HVAC System Ready for the Summer Season
If you want your HVAC system to run at peak performance and make sure that you pay as little as possible on your energy bills each month, it’s important to perform regular inspections and tune-ups on your equipment. If you’re wondering where to begin, follow our spring maintenance checklist for your HVAC system below:
- Change the Air Filters: Over time, dust, dirt and other debris can build up on the filters in your HVAC system and result in poor air circulation. These filters should be inspected every month and cleaned or replaced every 30-90 days to maintain a reliable level of performance as well as optimal indoor air quality.
- Clean Your Outdoor Unit: The transition between winter to spring can leave behind a lot of build-up and debris on and around your outdoor HVAC unit. After turning off the power source, remove any natural fragments around the unit to allow for a 24-inch clearance at a minimum, which promotes proper air flow. Once cleared, gently rinse off the unit with your garden hose and inspect for any damage. If you suspect there is damage, contact an HVAC professional at The Energy Centre.
- Clean Your Ducts: Just like the air filters in your HVAC system, ducts are also notorious for attracting dirt, debris and other harmful contaminants. A professional can help you with duct cleaning and prevent you from breathing in any contaminants that are trapped in your ductwork. During duct cleaning, technicians can also notify you if they notice any other problems which you may not have been able to identify on your own.
- Update Your Thermostat: If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, it’s time to invest in one. Programming your thermostat will help maintain a more comfortable temperature throughout the day and enable you to save money by automating your heating and cooling needs.
- Schedule a Professional Tune-Up: The last thing you want when the warm temperatures hit is to turn on your AC unit – only to realize it’s not working. Scheduling a professional inspection service will ensure your system is in full working order so you don’t encounter any surprises later on. In fact, routine HVAC maintenance in the spring and fall can reduce unexpected breakdowns, lower energy bills, validate manufacturer warranties and help maximize your system’s overall performance all year round.
Proper HVAC maintenance is essential in order to prolong the life of your system, keep your energy bills low and ensure your safety and comfort at home.
A spring HVAC inspection is a great way to make sure your system continues to run efficiently throughout the summer months when you need it most. At The Energy Centre, we have been taking care of our customers for nearly 25 years, providing professional air conditioning maintenance and repair, and other HVAC services for homeowners in Ottawa and the surrounding area.
Our high-quality, affordable services include planned service, service and repairs, cleaning and maintenance and 24/7 emergency services. Make sure you’re ready for the summer season and reach out to our team to schedule your HVAC system tune-up today.
Contact the team at The Energy Centre for your spring HVAC system inspection. You can schedule an appointment by calling 613-746-7000 or contact us online for more information about our products and services.
- 24/7 emergency Service
- call us